Monday 28 November 2011

Childs Play...

A magical weekend spent with my Mum, sisters, nieces & nephew at a very tasty Christmas market. On an icy Sunday morning I was delighted that A Taste of Christmas was held in the new Convention Centre, which overlooks the River Liffey in Dublin city.


As we entered the building we were welcomed by a magnificent brass band who had us in the festive mood playing various Christmas tunes....followed by greeter's offering us all the yummiest mince pies (this was my breakfast and first of many NAUGHTY but OH SO NICE treats of the day) and then the children squealed with delight as they caught their first glimpse of Santa.


The child in me came out as I strolled around the different floors humming Christmas Carols...watching Miracle on 34th Street at the special Hamley's cinema and dancing with my nieces & nephews probably embarrassing them! (it's a right of passage which I endured with my Grandad dancing hysterically on many a holiday so I have to pass the torch)


This is what Christmas is all about, spending time with our loved ones, eating way too much and laughing because quite frankly every day life can get all too serious. I am oh so excited for Christmas but until then the 12 days of Christmas Market which starts on the 8th of December will be a great way to help me countdown to the Christmas festivities:)


These are some of my favourite things...

Would this be a totally extravagant
decoration for my tree??

A newly opened jewellery shop
stocking my fave designer Alex Monroe..yipeee


Another treat from Taste of Christmas..
which we washed down with some bubbly pink champers!!!

so many flavours to choose from..
we went for Oreo, '99 Ice cream,
Wimbledon (vanilla,strawberry&shortbread) and Smarties

Beauty Must Have:
Smashbox Naked Eye Palette



A future purchase & addition to my ever expanding
skull obsession

 
Loving this wooden HOME for my window...

A lunch time trip to Urban Outfitters...

How I wish I could carry this home...




I think I am in love with this flower shop...






Night night
Ali
x


No comments:

Post a Comment