Friday 18 November 2011

Rain rain go away...

Oh the rain has returned to Dublin...why did I wear ballet flats to work..leaving me confined to my desk!
I braved the slippy street to pop up the road to grab a coffee and have a look at the Versace for H&M launch. Wiping the raindrops off my coat and taking the escalator to the 'pen' area i was greeted by empty rails (bar one wall of possibly three styles of SUPER BRIGHT dresses) and a table with some shoes, belts and books. It was as if I was walking from Autumn straight into Spring 2012 - way too Miami for my liking and after last seasons Lanvin collaboration I was left feeling a little let down. (Speaks volumes when I didn't even have the urge to take a picture)

I have been looking on other sites which had footage from the UK stores and it looked like pure fashion carnage...maybe us Irish just aren't into the blonde bombshell! I am sure tomorrow morning alot of people will wake up with shoppers remorse* and realise that the neon pink studded leather dress wasn't such a good buy :)

*Okay I lie there was a pair of these strappy heels - in my size 5 in black - that I was close to buying but my foot drenched ballet flats made me realise that a pair of wellies would be a better investment 



The rain last night did have some reason to celebrate though. Throwing on my big comfy dressing gown, I jumped into bed for a blogfest and came across this little beauty on the ever inspiring www.llymlrs.com/ - at first I was afraid to check the price of this fab pleated black leather skirt, thinking it could be The Kooples or Acne...but to my delight it was PRIMARK or Penneys as us Irish call it.


So this morning with a bounce in my step I boarded the bus early and hit Penney's just as the doors opened at 8.30...by 8.31 I was happily strolling the short walk over the Liffey to my office swinging my new purchase in a bag!
I have to say I was worried it would look plastic but it is amazing quality...for only €15..my sister is already saying she will need to take a trip to purchase one too!



These are some of my favourite things...various versions of taupe


My clutch needs this party palette from Bobbi Brown



Lusting after this fur gilet from Zara..the girl in work rocks it
 (I tell her to keep her eye on it as I may 'borrow' it)



Christening gift for Sunday...
love the scalloped neck line

This weeks hidden gem....

Yum Thai Noodle Bar
Myself and the boyfriend love this place, we sometimes drive into the city to pick it up - no delivery service - but it's worth it, for the funky boxes, dellish menu (I can highly recommend the chicken green thai curry or the pad thai noodles) and the fact it's another cheap & cheerful find!





No comments:

Post a Comment