Wednesday 2 November 2011

Old Hollywood Glamour...

Grace, Elizabeth, Audrey and Brigitte...2 brunettes and 2 blonde's who will forever be my style icons....
I remember spending many a Saturday afternoon glued to Channel4 watching black and white old movies with my sister, drawn into the glamour of these beautiful women.  Flicking through magazines now, they are constantly used as inspirations for seasonal trends in fashion, hair and make-up. Sarah Jessica Parker's character, Carrie, seemed to have the same wonderful connection with this glamorous era (sadly I didn't have the bank balance to keep up with them a well as she did) 
Depending on my mood I can draw inspiration from each of these women...


Brigitte Bardot..blonde backcombed hair, flicked eyeliner
with a nude pout


Audrey Hepburn...ballet shoes, skinny trousers, Breton top



Grace Kelly..pearls, pencil skirts and the iconic  Hermes Birkin
that was to become the Kelly bag

Elizabeth Taylor..diamonds, corseted curve enhancing dresses
and more diamonds..
  
Four very different women who influence fashion as much today as they did in their hey day. You only have to look at the wedding of the year to see how Grace Kelly has influenced Kate Middleton and Sarah Burton of Mc Queen...so as I sit here typing away in a pair of leggings and over sized jumper I think it's about time I introduced a bit of Hollywood glamour into my life just in time for party season...hand me a brush I better start backcombing.

Ali
x

These are some of my favourite things...

Love when beautiful packages land on my desk

especially when in fab retro packaging



Lunch:
Following a warm bowl of soup on a cold day..

I go for a wander while thankfully avoiding yummy cakes..


Make my way to the haven that is Topshop

Happily leaving with the perfect jewellery
to compliment my new Zara metallic dress

Beside a YSL Belle Du Jour...everything looks fantastic


Bed:
after an evening of bikram yoga and blog-fun..it's calling me

Send off to sleep with a fairytale
 courtesy of the Brothers Grimm

NIGHT NIGHT to all x

No comments:

Post a Comment