Monday 14 November 2011

Oh what a night....

I can't believe the weekend has come and gone once again. I was in Miss Social mode. So there was no lovely cooking in my kitchen(which I have been neglecting a lot recently and actually come to think of it the whole apartment is in need of TLC - Memo to self: purchase some pretty flowers for instant pick me up) there was no TV watching and there was very little shopping. So I dragged my poor feet into work this morning feeling tired and emotional wishing this weekend would fast approach.My social life is always a feast or famine. No happy medium. So since the start of November I have been catapulted into the party season. To be honest my friends have the tendency to create any reason to have a party. This weekend I had three very different parties to attend but all as much fun as the next.

Friday Night
Venue: The Boyfriends* mates apartment
Reason: Ireland playing Estonia in some very important football qualifier
(*Boyfriend had deserted me for Tallinn, Estonia with his motley crew of friends, father and brother to spend 19 short hours drinking beer, watching the match, singing Irish songs, dissecting the history of Irish Football and eating (from what I heard) a hell of a lot of hot dogs)

I was exhausted from work and tempted to just go home, lock the door and remain on the couch in the hope that by some miracle my dinner would cook itself. But feeling like I deserved a nice cold beverage and knowing it wasn't acceptable to drink alone I jumped in the shower, threw my hair up in a bun, wore my most comfiest jumper (Zara Beige Waffle knit, recent purchase and perfect for lounging) a pair of skinny jeans and my trusty leopard loafers grabbed my Celine shopper and went back out the door that ten minutes earlier I was so glad to have reached. A 6 pack of beer in my hand (light beer of course) and a shopper full of treats (the usual crisps, dips and haribo jelly's plain and fizzy - I really do cater for all palettes) I made my way up to the apartment. Boyfriends mate and his girlfriend had opened their door's to all the strays who couldn't make it on the trip. We were greeted by candle light, with a lovely sweet smelling scent at the doors entrance but this was BOYS night. Football on the flat screen, nacho's on the table, beers stacked in the fridge and whispers on pizza ordering at half time. It didn't take me long to unwind and I soon forgot of the stresses of work.

Saturday Night
Venue: Friends House
Reason: Couples 'Games' Night (we had previously hosted a 'Come Dine With Me' style evening but as everyone was pretty tired from the previous night it was happily less formal)

After a couple of hours in work, followed by an impromptu visit to the hairdressers I was feeling nice and refreshed with my hair in a glossy curly blow dry. En route home I dropped into the Luxury Hall of my fave Department Store in Dublin and picked up some fab Laduree macaroons to give our host (of course asking to sample the odd one to aid me in my choice of flavours...I went for some vanilla, caramel, chocolate, pistachio and rose petal) We arrived to the house after nine but just in time for the games to begin. Surrounding the coffee table, accompanied by a  carefully selected play list  we commenced the Girls versus Boys Trivial Pursuit extravaganza which was to take us into the early hours of the morning...to keep us going our very kind hosts kept our energy levels up with bowls of sweets, a plateful of floral cupcakes...cocktail sausages and garlic breads (which none of the girls got their hands on due to the boys immediate pouncing)  - when our host was about to produce some cheese I half heartedly announced I was stuffed (oooh that Brie looked so good) I simply couldn't risk encouraging night mares produced from late night cheese eating. And as if I need to say...THE GIRLS WON!

Sunday Day come Night
Venue: Local Church & pub
Reason: Christening

Now this party called for much more planning on my part. After many texts from fellow attendee's of 'what are you wearing?' 'Are you going casual or formal' 'Is it too cold to go bare or should I go for opaques?' Of course this morning my hair decided to have a hissy fit. I wanted sleek. Hair wanted something that resemble a cave woman! We settled on 'crazy lady chic', I accompanied this with my unworn Cos leather insert dress (which has hung in my wardrobe for what feels like eternity) my Topshop studded ankle boots and some gold jewellery, trusty Celine on arm...I was in Debbie (Harry) does Church style. Gift box under arm, also black but full off egg blue tissue paper and cool little clothes - including a very cute Black and white faded Ramones tshirt that boyfriend actually lusted after.

Once the official proceedings were over it was off to our local pub for food and celebratory drinks. Of course once it hit half five families went home for the night where as boyfriend and I used the immortal words 'sure why don't we stay for one drink' . Pints of Guinness resting by the bar, orders of pinot grigio by the girls  'a glass, sure we may as well go for a bottle',jack daniels for a night cap, the band playing live music, some tunes getting the thumbs up and others we declined to comment on. When after much pressure I was dragged on to the dance floor by an elderly man I realised it was time for bed.

So after three solid days of partying I am now in need of Food, Bed and Cuddles..my Blackberry pings YOU HAVE 3 REMINDERS (1) Friday 18th Nov Black Tie Ball (2) Saturday 19th November ***** Birthday Party (3) Sunday 20th November ******* Christening.
 SIGH when will this party famine arrive!


These are a few of my favourite things...

A trip to Zara prevents Monday blues



Cupcakes celebrating Movember


Beauty buy of the day.......
tangle tweezer - bye bye knots hellooo silky tresses



I thought a visit to my hairdresser couldn't get better
fully engrossed in Vogue Magazine


Until this mixed berry tea and mini muffin arrives...


A festive window I am very jealous of...
oh to have all that le creuset in my kitchen


inspiring me to do some baking...apple crumble anyone!?




A puy lentil burger with chilli rocket & potato salad
Boyfriend gave the nod of approval in between bites!


Until tomorrow, night night. Ali
                                                x

No comments:

Post a Comment