Friday 28 October 2011

A haunting I will go...

The Friday before All Hallows Eve has arrived, the one excuse every year to play fancy dress.
I will spend my weekend trick or treating with my nieces and nephews, then a 'housewarming' Halloween themed party with friends and a whole load of scary movies.
So what's on your list of creepy flicks, what sweet treats will you demolish with glee??


My Halloween Movie-fest...(chosen by boyfriend)

The Thing - 80's horror classic with the very youthful Kurt Russell
Shutter Island - well Leo is in it so it can't be too bad :)
A Nightmare On Elm Street*

My Halloween Sweet Treats...Butter Popcorn
Nachos (smothered in grated cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, guacamole & salsa)
Beer ( purely to calm my nerves:) )

*Let me fill you in a bit on my past, I was a child who was too scared to watch The Gremlin's in it's entirety. If Boyfriend puts a mildly scary film on I spend the entire film with my ears  covered, pillow on my face...and then (I am sure annoyingly) jump when he jumps and says 'what..what happened was it bad...no don't tell me'

So this weekend I am going to conker my fear and get my scare on.
The funny thing is that when it comes to my nieces and nephew, if they are scared I turn
into super woman, reassuring them, telling them every things fine.

So on movie-night dressed as some kind of super hero, cape on, doors and windows locked with a bowl full of treats  I will once and for all get seriously spooked.

Have a fang-tastic night all!!!
Ali
x

These are some of my favourite things....

Windows adorned with very stylish Ghouls & Ghosts


Tasty Halloween inspired cupcakes...BOOOO-tiful

Perfect nails for fright night..Alexa's green sparkly or

Jessica Trick O'Treat Nail Polishes
My Style Muse...losing my blonde locks for one night only
the wonderful Wednesday Addams


Perfect for a haunted house...

or my apartment..wink wink nudge nudge :)

Bags full of goodies for my little angels..



The return of MISFITS:
what new powers will they have??

  
This weeks hidden gem..  



For lover's of Japanese food the Yamamori Oriental Cafe should be next on your 'To Eat' List. Myself and Fashionista in need of lunch skipped down to Georges Street to sample it's lunch menu.
I am a big fan of sushi and Japanese curries so was excited to try it. My sister and her boyfriend (who know their stuff when it comes to eating out in Dublin) had recommended it to me some time ago so I was glad I was finally getting to experience it.

The Oriental Cafe is housed in what was the old Bewleys on Georges Street(historical establishment in Dublin, since the 1840's has produced tea & coffee for sale worldwide, and more importantly where the majority of Dubs ended the night of their Debs Ball with an 8 o'clock full Irish breakfast and cup of tea) 

At 2 o'clock on a Wednesday afternoon the cafe was heaving, full of people tucking into food...with a quick glance at my fellow diner's plates I knew I was going to enjoy it. But this is more than just a restaurant.  Izakaya is a Japanese style drinking house, in the basement serving various Japanese beers and whiskeys, cocktails such as cosmopolitan's and  dj's playing funky music, in what can be described as a chill out lounge.
Japanese movie posters cover the walls beside some traditional fan's.


We sat at tables by the window, in need for a good chat, but you also have the option to pull a stool out at the bar and try some dim sum or various sushi rolls.

With a huge menu on offer we decided to go for the Oriental Cafe Lunch Salads, with over six to choose from. I went for the Hoisin roast chicken salad which included salad of mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, daikon, daikon pickles, carrot, grapefruit and mixed cress dressed with a miso sauce, while Fashionista went for the roast duck. All salads are served with miso soup and we had the option to have our salad with white or brown rice or some sweet potato wedges.


We were both so full leaving that on returning to the office we both agreed we could do with a quick cat nap!

Next time I return and I have to say it will be sooner rather than later, I will go after work so I can enjoy my feed and then retire to the lounge downstairs for a well deserved cocktail....sadly something that is frowned upon when on lunch breaks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment