Thursday 27 October 2011

Mommie Dearest...

I have never disliked being the baby of the family. My two older sisters have always helped me throughout my life whether it be simple things like fashion advice 'change those shoes, lose the bracelet...'to  my time in college calming my nerves before my exams, consoling me after a break up..or distress calls from the toilets in my first job when I realised blagging your way in an interview should never be an option 'Powerpoint? I invented it!' 

Due to these past experiences I always listen to them, as guaranteed at one point of their lives they have gone through the same or a similar situation.

So it was yesterday while I was emailing my sister that she gave her best advice yet. You see I am at the age where I am constantly been asked 'So when are you having a baby?' or 'You're next' as I hold a friends child.

I was filling my sister in on what I did over the weekend, moaning about the fact that my plans were cancelled on Saturday and I was slightly bored (until I came up with my To Do List that is:Bath, Nails, Magazine reading, a spot of lunch) when she told me what her day had involved:

Diary of a Mummy....
'Up at 6.30.am on Saturday and was like a servant until 9am (orders for breakfast from a two and five year old)
Tom and Jerry on the TV .  Got a kick when put on E! for 2 seconds.
Changed crappy nappy.
More orders for lunch.
Had five hissy fits from 2 year old in the middle of M&S.
Only noticed when I got home had snail trail left from child's runny nose on coat and leggings.'

Without realising it she gave me the wake up call I needed. In a few years time (not quite sure yet, but let's say 6) when I have children of my own, I will pray for even an hour of me time...an hour of having absolutely  nothing to do and when I think back to 30 year old me; it will be with a pang of jealousy....'You wally didn't know how good you had it painting your nails in peace!'

So this goes out to my sisters, my mum and all the other wonderful mummies in the world...who deserve some much needed 'ME' time!

Ali
x


These are some of my favourite things...



Sparkly Mani's & Pedi's from Nails Inc..

 Remind me of disco balls..

A morning treat...



A months rain in one day..and then the sun came out in Dublin!




There was only one thing to do...SHOP

Topshop 'Alexandra' Boots & Cos Leather Insert Dress

Style Watch..leather shorts


A very stylish game of chess..my love of monochrome continues

Yogen Fruz.....

with some fresh strawberries....

and perhaps an oreo..or two



Pretty finds for home... 



 Fruity fragrant candles in equally citrus bright packaging


Arriving home to a delicious dinner courtesy of Boyfriend x

thai fishcakes with rocket & sweet chilli salad...

Finishing the night with a giggle courtesy of Mr Ron Burgundy:) 

and the Style Icon of Veronica Corningstone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment