Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter is over and the proof is in my fridge. I returned from the supermarket with bags full of fresh vegetables, fish and salad...but I can't avoid the entire section dedicated to our chocolate egg's from Easter Sunday. Last week I spent a part of my afternoon packing up Easter treats for myself and my boyfriends little nieces and nephews...I love to get into any holiday season so with gift bags covered in chicks and bunny's with different coloured tissue paper - I filled the bags with egg's, Easter crackers and other goodies.

When I reached my Mum's I realised who I get this excitement from, my Mum. In the dining room as usual Mum had decorated the entire room in Easter mode. Even down to each person getting their own little lindt bunny as part of her table setting.

I remember as a child Lent was always a really competitive period. Of course all Irish children would give up chocolate or crisps during this time. My preparation started back at Christmas when I would collect an empty biscuit tin and put it under my bed - this was to be used during lent. Any sweets I received (which in the case of my grandparents Paddy and Nellie, was twice a week) I would pack into my tin and then slide it back under my bed...so basically by the time Easter Sunday arrived my biscuit tin was full to the brim. I would then receive loads of Easter Egg's almost forgetting my biscuit tin full of goodies.
It was the funniest thing as I had spent weeks dying to have chocolate and then overdosing on it in the space of a day...so as an adult I am learning to be a bit more restrained...I said LEARNING...no excuse me while I put on the kettle and crack off a bit of egg...




This week I was mostly......


Going Bagel Mad
a mini obsession with philly


 With veggie burgers and some hot spicy jalapenos

Forever21
Mad about these purse friendly silk cami's





Trying some more affordable beauty products

and discovered certain brands should be used more often
especially when it comes to nail varnish. My favourite purchases;
Catrice Eyebrow Pencil, double ended, with a lovely sculpting brush

 This fab coral shade from Catrice
 030 Meet Me At Coral Island
I applied a few coats but looks just as nice with one
faded coat...this will be my summer shade

Loved Easter

Woke to a tasty brekkie, beautiful flower's from the boyfriend
and then a visit to Mum's for more chocolate egg's and desserts to die for










Now I need to get rid of these lodger's in my fridge

Ali

x



No comments:

Post a Comment