Monday 16 April 2012

Bella Coachella....


The epitome of California cool, Coachella was back for another year. It was always considered the younger, cooler festival...the Kate Bosworth's and Diane Kruger's of this celebrity world would attend in their fabulously bohemian style. Looking effortlessly cool in their wayfarer sunglasses sitting on the grass listening to some amazing bands, sun kissed tanned limbs on full display in denim cut off shorts.

Now this is a festival I can do. Cut to Ireland during the summer time and our own festivals are so very very different.

Number 1 The Irish Weather: ruins any outdoor activity - sunny skies one minute and then a full blown rain storm - meaning us Irish can't out do the Coachella Crew in the style stakes when we look like drowned rats which brings me nicely on to point Number 2

Number 2 Fake Tan: What was once only ever used on the dance floors of the ball room hall for perma tanned dancers has now over populated the festivals of Ireland. Now I am a major fan of the fake tan....when it's done right! One light layer so you can still see your freckles. But it appears I am of the minority because Oxygen and Electric Picnic is immersed in what can only be described as Tangoed girls...some with streaks...girls get paler by the day and are left with blotches of colour. I can only think that at that point they wonder why they packed denim shorts and little dresses for a concert in what can only be described as a big muddy field.

And finally...
Number 3 Celebrities: What makes Coachella so appealing is the Celebrities photographed. We just can't compete. A few footballers wives and Irish models (usually posing on streets in bikini's with high heels accessory of ice cream cone in hand or whatever else they are endorsing) - are simply not up there with the Diane Kruger's of this world I am afraid!!!

So I guess I better start saving for my ticket and flights to California for next year..that will be the cheap part, the money I spend creating my wardrobe for my time there will be extortionate but hey it's got to be done if I get papped beside my celeb mates:)
Until then I will have to make do with Kate Bosworth's Coachella Video I came across on You Tube.


This week I have been mostly.....


Adding to my jewellery collection
New Look's flagship store in Jervis Street Shopping Centre is one of few
to stock their Limited Edition range of clothing and jewellery.

I just had to get this neon strand necklace...really works against my
new Cos Grey sweater.




When I got to the till and was told there was a 2 for 1 special I grabbed
this fabulous collar...ooh kismet:)

Monsoon is also going mad for neon brights...racks of bracelets which
brought me back to my 12 year old self. Do you remember stacking Friendship
bracelets up your arm and swapping with your friends?

Well I feel the diamante trim is like the grown up version

Competing with my sister for our holiday wardrobe

She denies she has been shopping & then let's slip she has purchased another kaftan
so I have decided to give her a run for her money!
I picked up this cute striped jersey dress from Selected Femme, a Forever 21 Bikini
(as recommended by my other sis...bargain for €8.80)

I had to get these bad boys after seeing them on the beautiful Anneli from
http://www.whatiboughttoday.com/zara-tan-silver-leather-sandals/

And while I was there....just call me Imelda Marcos

Continuing my Beauty on a Budget mission
1. Hawaiian Tropic Body Butter - I always make sure to buy tubs of this each year
and constantly get compliments because of it's mango, shea, cocoa butter, avocado and coconut oil extracts

2. Real Techniques Brush- this has been getting rave reviews on every blog and I finally
decided to pick one up...will let you know how it goes

3. MeMeMe Flawless Loose Powder - Picked this up in Superdrug as I had run out of my usual bareMinerals and it is amazing..and for €7.45 I was amazed

4. Boots Large Sectioning Clips - (barely seen) but they have cut down my blowdrying
time significantly


Became a Pretty Ballerina
New Look get's even better with these laser cut nude ballet shoes


Eating Out....
Way too much but this Chilli Chicken Linguine was so very good...but it didn't stop
there oh no....

Saturday night was sushi night...I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to take a photo
WHOOPS

Following our long meal we hit the restaurants karaoke room. We had one of the largest
rooms to fit all 20 of us and it felt like we had our own mini disco!!!

My version of Fergie's Lady Lumps brought tears to all eyes:)

Carbing it up 
It may not look pretty but god it was good...
omelette's are my new quick fix dinner 


Now I am retiring to my home made lemon fizz & the couch for the night

Ali
X

No comments:

Post a Comment