Saturday 7 January 2012

The realisation that the holidays were over with an imminent return to work, arrived with a shock to my system. Leaving for work this week provided me with the same overwhelming wave of nausea that I had all those years ago returning to school following the summer holidays.
You would think that by now a 30 year old woman would be more than capable of dealing with this but to my pleasure upon arriving to work women older than me were deep in the throngs of depression. It was soon confirmed when I walked by various desks with girls clicking through holiday websites that I was not alone.

I always think of a friend of mine who following her wedding said she had never felt so depressed, a year of her life had been dedicated to the military planning of her day: the dress, the rings, the hotel...flowers, food, champagne...the honeymoon...the list goes on. She admitted that mid honeymoon she had her 'THIS WAS IT' moment - when she returned home she would have nothing to look forward to. And like that she was miserable!
I was one of the people who was shocked by this story but today I can completely understand how she felt. Months of gift planning, organising of the New Years Eve trip and it was all over. So since yesterday my poor boyfriend has been plagued with holiday talk. This year our joint New Years resolution was to start saving for our very own house. So it will be one holiday this year...and an affordable one at that.
Of course we have the same discussion every year; return to a location we both loved or try somewhere new...go on holidays with family, friends or alone.
The endless discussions have begun and I am already mentally lying on some beach sipping a nice fruity concoction....my day dreaming is interrupted by the arrival of an email.
It's the sister 'Have just bought my first summer purchase online...6 quid - bargain from the Topshop Sale, a Mint Green Tunic! Will look fab with shorts on the beach'....


Today I am mostly loving....

YSL Arty Ring..
Perhaps one last splurge before the house saving begins :)
How amazing would this look against a sun kissed tan...


The arrival of Spring Summer shoes at Topshop..
oh heaven

Having a moment with violet tones..
like this amazing print from Esra Røise


Strolling the streets of Dublin...
always something new to find on every corner







Lovely concept at Rothar Cafe....
take a seat & chill over coffee & cakes while you have your bike repaired
GENIUS



Supporting local craft..
perhaps I should take up a sewing class for 2012




Reading a hell of a lot more...


Starting with this little read...highly recommeded by my mate Minky*
*advised I will need tissues

Planning beach holidays...
especially after seeing this sickeningly good looking couple


Ali
x









No comments:

Post a Comment