Wednesday 16 May 2012

Hi. My name is Ali and I am a cheese-aholic. It started out all so innocent as a child when I went to school with the odd cheese and salad sandwich in my lunch box. But recently I have taken it to another level. Since Friday of last week I have managed to consume a variety of cheeses daily...from brie to apple wood cheddar, blue cheese...cheese with chili...smoked Bavarian..Camembert and my beloved goats cheese. It doesn't help that wine goes smashingly well with my snack of choice and the dreaded bread. Oh how I wish my tastes went as far as a grape like Mrs Beckham but oh no I have to opt for something which causes serious facial and stomach bloating* perfect for the count down to my bikini season ARGH!

A trip to the Avoca food hall at the weekend left me carrying the most amazing chutney's (mango don't you know) which is the perfect mate for my dairy of choice. Thankfully I am not alone in this love. Yesterday my work mate and I discussed what I was going to have for dinner (goats cheese shortbread bites & salad) for a good hour while we sat waiting for some printing and binding to be carried out...we spoke in great detail of how I would cook it, what I would put with it...with as much passion and lust that any red blooded male would speak about Rhianna :) Tee Hee! So I am not alone.

After my scrummy dinner last night I made the error of trying on a new pair of trousers I had only recently purchased from Zara...BIG MISTAKE (in the words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman) The button definitely didn't dig into me like that last week...I am sure my stomach looked flatter...MEMO to self remove all bread and cheese from my fridge, hold the chutney, it is fruit after all and easily part of my five a day :)

Some of my favourite buys.....Another trip to Zara for some beautiful
Zara Lace Ballet Pumps


Embellished necklace with navy ribbon tie


Cos basic cotton tops...striped, navy and went back for white!

Urban Outfitter's gold peace sign necklace -
so delicate and decorates skin beautifully


Bring on the sun with my new tortoise RAY BAN
wayfarer's!!!!

Cappuccino's and chocolate croissants...
combined with my cheese obsession I don't know how
I will squeeze into my bikini's :(

Love a trip to the famous Bewley's on Grafton Street
for fresh baked pastries and fabulous old surroundings

This week I am mostly....Looking forward to the arrival of Chloe Greens new
shoe collection...goes on sale tomorrow Thursday 17th May

Lately I have just bought flat shoes...her heels look
like they will add two feet to my height!


My personal favourite the 'Misha' wedge...



I was mostly watching....
In my top ten favourite movies...The Royal Tenenbaum's
The soundtrack, the cast, the costumes never disappoint -
It only gets better the more I watch it!


1 comment:

  1. This post encompasses all my favourite things. Cos, Zara, Margot Tenebaum, cheese and patisserie. Late night urge to eat and buy.

    ReplyDelete