Monday 7 May 2012

Food Glorious Food....

This Bank Holiday weekend I decided to just sit back and relax.(And from the looks of things eat a hell of a lot of food) I started the weekend with a mojito...trips to the cinema with my nieces to see Beauty & the Beast 3D (crying at the same scene where we think we have lost the Beast and Beauty believes she has lost her one true love) more cocktails, followed by dinners with family and friends...cycling with the boyfriend and catching up on some movies. From tomorrow I will have one of the busiest two weeks in work...so I am glad I took some me time.
Ali
x

This week was all about.....Refreshing Cocktails


Breakfasts....
Possibly my favourite meal of the day.
Granola, natural yogurt, blueberries and strawberries


Another favourite on the menu: Breakfast Tortilla
Oh so tasty and simple to make. Since we woke late
it was more like brunch, so I went for eggs, bacon, mushrooms,
tomato and onion...finish with some relish and jalapenos to add a kick!


Dinners...
My boyfriends sister came for dinner, so we went for
chilli prawn tagliatelle with scallions, tomato and garlic

Sunday night was takeout night - so we hit up www.camile.ie - we fell in love with this Thai takeout
as the food is more restaurant quality.

We have been attempting to try Po Pia Sot, but it always
sells out. Finally tasted and it didn't disappoint - Thai rice paper rolls with fresh steamed Irish Salmon, baby leaves fresh mint, beansprouts, pickled ginger and a hint of wasabi mayonnaise - served with sweet chilli dip
  

The boy and I may have to pay a visit to The Pieman Cafe
if only for their sign -LOOK INTO MY PIES - love it!!

Desserts...
Apple Crumble with vanilla ice cream and strawberries

Fabulous treats delivered to our offices...
I went for the coconut truffles and the toffee cookies
YUM YUM


Secret Shopping....on a budget*
Flowers; a cheap and cheerful addition to my home 

A visit to H&M Trend for this lovely black chiffon
cape detail blouse..perfect to add to my work wardrobe

The countdown to pay day has begun...but I will TRY to keep my shopping habits under reign's....I said TRY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment